Location: Tidworth with occasional travel to other PAC sites and London
Salary: Up to £80,000
Full Time, Permanent
Working Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday 08:30 – 17:30
Reports to: Finance and Commercial Director
We are partnering with our client to recruit a talented and motivated Commercial Manager on a full-time and permanent basis.
Key Purpose of Role:
As the Commercial Manager, you will collaborate closely with the Finance and Commercial Director to oversee all commercial aspects of the company’s business. Your role will involve providing commercial support to the Executive and Senior Management Team (SMT). Additionally, you will work in coordination with other SMT members to mitigate risks and liabilities related to change, construction, FM assurance, and lifecycle activities.
- Lead the procurement of insurances required for various contracts, including liaising with brokers, insurers, and loss adjusters.
- Monitor sub-contractors’ insurance claims on project policies and administer onward payment of insurance claim proceeds.
- Prepare quarterly insurance-related reports and ensure sums insured are adequate and contractually/statutorily compliant.
- Develop and maintain a detailed knowledge of contractual arrangements for the Project, encompassing stakeholders such as the Authority, sub-contractors, and creditors.
- Offer commercial advice to support mutually satisfactory resolutions to commercial issues as they arise.
- Maintain and administer Project Documents on a software platform.
- Update and manage the risk register for regular Board reviews.
- Contribute to the development of a new contractual mechanism, Project EPIC, to facilitate future capex projects.
- Represent at monthly Commercial Forum meetings involving the Authority and sub-contractors.
- Liaise with departments on commercial points impacting our Client or its creditors.
- Provide commercial advice to other team members when required.
- Mentor and support less experienced team members.
- Undertake additional duties as reasonably required by the Executive Team.
Degree in a relevant discipline.
Ability to obtain MoD security clearance to SC level within 3 months.
Full driving licence.
Relevant postgraduate qualification.
Membership of a relevant professional body.
- Proven business and commercial awareness, strong numeracy skills, and negotiation ability.
- Capability to grasp contractual details and explain them succinctly while providing interpretation to less contractually aware parties.
- Proactive and self-starting approach to identify strategic issues and respond effectively to emerging challenges.
- Ability to work collaboratively across organizational boundaries.
- Excellent communication skills to engage with diverse stakeholder groups, including technical and non-technical teams.
- Display high energy, enthusiasm, and willingness to go the extra mile.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with a focus on evidence-based documentation for commercial positions.
- Flexible problem-solving and analytical mindset.
Skills & Experience:
- Extensive commercial experience and contract management skills in delivering large-scale infrastructure projects and associated FM services.
- In-depth knowledge of contract terms and conditions, including drafting, interpretation, and negotiation.
- Proficiency in using MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Previous experience working with a small senior multi-disciplinary professional team.
- Familiarity with Private Finance Initiative (PFI) contracts or similar leveraged finance transactions.
Please note that due to the nature of the organisation, pre-employment vetting will be carried out.
If you are interested in this opportunity and have strong professional communication skills, please do not hesitate to contact Dan Pyle at CMD Recruitment on 01380 738300 and email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org